Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Treading Water

I am so thankful for this break from reality and for the break in the clouds, today. It was beautiful. Sun and crashing waves. W and I spent the day swimming in the ocean, feeling the salt freedom that I miss so much in my months between seas.

I was afraid an all-inclusive resort would suck out my favorite parts of travel: the challenge of the unknown, finding secret beaches and hole-in-the-wall restaurants with the best food on earth, not knowing where we are going to sleep or how we are going to get there. But, luckily, here I can find my second-favorite part of travel: utter relaxation and salt water. The latter nearly makes up for the former. The latter, plus my husband, actually does make up for it.

We have been banned from going scuba diving due to my sweet Utah raised husband who marked 'recurrent back problems' on his dive release. I told him not to check yes to anything, because we would not be able to dive. But, apparently, W has begun to disregard my legal advise. It was pretty funny.

Anyway, so instead of diving, we are going biking down a mountain tomorrow and to a coffee plantation. I am sooo excited.

Love to all - thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment