Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So My Mom is Actually From Jamaica

Everyone sings here -- well the staff, at least. The staff constantly sings along to whatever music is playing on the background. Which, in Jamaica is usually random covers of brand new Beyonce and Rhianna songs put to a Reggae beat. Very funny. Anyway, everyone sings. Whether they are waiting for you to order a drink or helping you at the front desk, they sing to themselves. And, there is no tone-discrimination here on the island. Its like all-karaoke all the time.

Well, with the exception of a half hour last evening, it was rained without stop since my last post. I met a poor pale mid-westerner yesterday who confessed to me in the ladies bathroom that if she has to return to -10 degree weather in Michigan without a tan, that she will be broken hearted. I reminded her that she is on her honeymoon. There is no shame in staying indoors.

But, as I type, I hear birds! and where there are singing birds! there is a lack of rain! Which means we can go diving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment